Is that for real?

Published by amanda under on 11/06/2008
Photobucket

At first glance, this seems like a typical interview picture from CNN. Look a little closer and it looks like the woman, who is CNN correspondent Jessica Yellin is about to be abducted by aliens. In an effort to win viewers on election night, CNN took interviewing over the top and beamed in Yellin as a hologram. Yellin was actually in Chicago covering the results.

I guess this was not a true hologram, but resulted in the use of a green screen and many cameras taking the images and transmitting them into the studio. I do not know anything about technology, but I do know it is not natural to interview real but fake people. I actually watched this on TV and it did look good, but creepy at the same time. What do you think? They used the technology twice that night when Anderson Cooper interviewed Will I Am from the black eyed peas. I personally did not see that interview, but I hear it is a YouTube favorite.

To see the article

0 comments:

Post a Comment