The Oxford Project

Published by Donnie under on 10/07/2008
Photobucket



At first look I thought this was about a woman who grew up or a picture of a mother and child. I sat and looked at the photo for about five minutes then read the article. It's a disturbing situation if you ask me. The woman in the photo is the same person in both pictures, she has quite a story to tell. I will give a brief overview, her name is Brianne and she is one of many pictures in a book called "The Oxford Project"by Peter Feldstein. A man took a series of pictures back in 1984 of towns people in Oxford, Iowa.
The story of Brianne is a sad one in my opinion. She was left at church at the age of three with a note that said take care of me. Did you notice the dog in the picture, it was the family dog 'Freddy' he was also left with Brianne. Her family were carnival people who went out of buisness in Iowa. This is a one of many stories captured in this project of oral histories in this small town. If your interested in more I suggest you check the article to learn more about the "The Oxford Project".





To see this Article...


http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/10/07/oxford.project/index.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment